JMAFIA

Herman Dune sings of a young man's lament. He is too young to really have achieved much social status but too old to be a free spirit. Herman feels as if he's being left behind by sports stars, the physically gifted or the rich. In some ways his sadness is welcomed because at least he feels something. At least something keeps him awake at night for surely complacency will kill him.




Ben lee is a guy I came across while I was rewatching MTV hit television sensation "My So Called Life" because it turns out this asshole was dating superhot Claire Danes for years. And still this bastard sings sad songs. But they are good sad songs and that makes me less resentful toward him. He's not with Claire anymore which helps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Lee.

Recently, I met up with an old friend who asked me what was going on in my life. With the deadpan depressing sarcasm I'm known for I replied, "A lot goes on but nothing happens" which is a direct quote from Ben Lee's song. With much of Herman Dune's youthful regret I find myself thinking this phrase from time to time with just enough discontent to perhaps push me forward so that this answer would no longer be fitting of my life.

Ben Lee - 'Nothing Much Happens


Ben Lee - 'Cigarettes Will Kill You

0 comments: