I got drunk



Sorry kiddies, I over did it the other day which came at the expense of my marvelous blog postings which I know were sorely missed as per all the fan mail I received.

An old friend came by the bar, the drinks kept being poured and my will power quickly melted away into a glass of Olympia and Old Crow. It's one of those situations where you know its a bad idea and you know you will pay for it in the end but friendship and camaraderie superseded the warning signals.

A few months back I caught a History Channel program that was going over the multiple levels of hell as people of the middle ages believed them to be. What struck me was that many of these people were not necessarily evil, it was simply that they loved too much. Adulterers, drunkards, liars, the power-hungry were all possessors of great desire beyond reasonable moderation and as such society judged them to burn in Hell for all time.

I personally don't believe Hell exists in the afterlife for many reasons. If anything hell exists here on earth, perhaps at a Hannah Montana concert or your local Wal-Mart. I recommend checking out the most recent This American Life entitled "Heretic" about a big name preacher who loses his belief in Hell and faces the consequences.

Anyhoo, the tracks I have for you today are a fancy hit from the fancy boys of Vampire Weekend. I like the song because its complex, much like my religious beliefs or lack thereof. At a few points in the song I hear a little Peter Gabriel.


Then of course a John Denver classic and then a little Hell on Earth for you.



Vampire Weekend - Ottoman





John Denver - Please Daddy Don't get Drunk This Christmas




Hannah Montana - Best of Both Worlds

0 comments: