Coyote

Currently I am stranded in Seattle due to a blizzard. So I have spent my day watching movies. Unfortunately, one of those movies was "Let the Right One In," a movie that is currently on the top 250 list on IMDB with an overall rating of 8.3 out of ten. Apparently the people who vote on IMDB are goth kids who got picked on in high school (I know it's hard to imagine that goth's were outcasts in some high schools in America). Anyways, here is the entire movie in a nutshell (spoiler alert!): a 12 year old vampire girl and her father kill people so she can drink their blood, but unlike other horror movies she has a romantic relationship with a boy her age who is constantly getting beat up in school. That's it. That is the entire movie. I know if someone told you the plot to Donnie Darko (a genuinely good movie) it would sound stupid as well, however this movie really just pushed the envelope too far. A talking bunny that tells you to burn down buildings, I have no problem with that, but a 12 year old vampire girl falling in love with this little twerp who brings nothing to the bargaining table except for a Rubics Cube which he lets her borrow. Big deal. I've given tons of girls Rubics Cubes. This movie blows.



The Vampires - Han Yu Qu



Arcade Fire - Vampire

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always knew you gave girls rubik's cubes.