Its Cold, theres War and still plenty of Kids

This morning I set my ipod on shuffle as my brain was too tired to listen to NPR. I came across a track I hadn't heard in a while. Its "Hang me out to Dry" by Cold War Kids. I really don't know anything about them but I like the song so I posted the video below.




The next track I came across was Hotcha Girls by Ugly Cassanova. The ole' ugg as I like to call them was a Seattle mainstay for me and my Spokane transplant buddies for probably over a year. There's something comforting, beautiful and yet disconcerting about their whole album. It's like when you wake up and you feel uneasy but you don't know why. And then a friend comes over and hands you a 40 of Pabst and you both melt into the couch for the rest of the day. Its days and weeks like these that bring back the uneasiness and confusion that I sort of miss about the old days but not really.


0 comments: